I apologise profusely to the guy in the sports car who I called a "fecking berk" in my rear view mirror this morning.
OK, so I shouldn't have assumed that just because you were in a sporty car, driving right up to my boot and waving like a loon (it looked like he was motioning "I need to go around you") you were a tosser.
I think my words were "it's a bloody narrow country lane you fecking berk, you can't overtake no matter how urgent your journey is!"
For your information, it wasn't until I got to work, parked up and then went to the toilet two hours later that I noticed that I had a deflated rear tyre.
On the plus side, I don't think you would have realised that I was saying stuff about you, you would have just thought that I was an ignorant driver that wasn't looking in his rear view mirror to see your helpful attempt to inform me that I was driving with a flat tyre.
On a side note, my car drove fine today. It didn't feel like anything was wrong with it at all. I was in a rush as I was running late and didn't even see that the tyre was flat.
Remember this? Well, foolishly I've never got that damaged tyre replaced. It's one of those jobs that involves spending money that I've kept putting off and off and off. And now it came back to bite me in the ass as it was my spare that was flat.
I had to call a mobile tyre fitter to come out and fit a new one, costing me £130. On the plus side the mobile tyre fitters (Kwik Fit) originally said that couldn't fit me in today, but when I explained my situation (I work in the middle of nowhere and would be there all night if they couldn't do them today) they made me an emergency case as I was classed as "stranded".
Or maybe it was because I told the chap on the phone "just tell them I'm a busty blonde".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Pete:
ReplyDeleteI think that would beg the question "Why did he only charge £130 when he discovered you WEREN'T a busty blonde?"