Thursday, 6 November 2008

Oh yes - Archie's number one song

It's usually a fun game when you're older to find out what song was number one when you were born.

In the run up to Archie's birth I was genuinely concerned that his song was going to be Katy Perry's "I Kissed A Girl", which I seriously hated. It's just pure pap and didn't want it associated with my child's birth.

But, since he was born on the Sunday, swooping in to save the day were the Kings of Leon with their great hit 'Sex on Fire'. Result!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4J4SJBB09yw

2 comments:

  1. Good stuff, just remember, with the number 1 song, first word, first sentence, favourite toy... make a note of it for all your offpsring, not just the first, or the subsequent ones may get annoyed with you when you tell the funny story of the oldest one's first sentence (watching wimbledon: "Man hit ball") then don't have similar stories for them!

    (Though on the other hand, as far as I'm aware this hasn't lead to any permanent psychological damage ;-) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, don't worry, I will. Purely because my parents have long lists for all of us four kids.

    My first word: Dada

    My first joke: Why did the motorbike not leave the petrol station? Because it got stuck in the petrol

    Most embarrassing moment: watching a live football match for the first time and asking very, very loudly at half-time "where are the adverts?"

    ReplyDelete